the difference between write and wrong

Dear Nadine | Welcome to My Life, Ghadah

Advertisements

6 responses

1. ‘Welcome to my life’ sounds a little sardonic, but it’s not meant to be that way at all! I really mean it. Welcome to my life 🙂

December 27, 2011 at 9:51 am

2. neueheimat

got your letter in the mail, wrote you back before I got it. for a moment I thought how awesome it would be if it got lost in the real world and all we have is a low res scan of it… but I am not disappointed to have received it. maybe the next one 😉

January 22, 2012 at 2:54 am

• I have thought that about many of the letters I’ve sent out which, having been a few months now since I sent them, haven’t arrived at their destination. There is something ephemeral about an object that once existed, and still does, but is forgotten simply because it’s lost somewhere, not belonging to anyone anymore. To me, the experience of writing, posting and publishing the letter has served its purpose, but it’s sad to think of all the letters, postcards and photographs damned to postal purgatory. I do hope those letters I sent out arrive!

January 22, 2012 at 11:03 am

3. neueheimat

hi ghadah! it’s been more tan 3 months now that I send you a new letter. what are they doing with them? did they already become collectables? is a post officer secretly in love with you and jealous about the pretty mail you get once in a while? or did I simply send it to the wrong planet?!

wondering,
    nadine

May 8, 2012 at 5:28 pm

• I don’t think anyone is in love with me here :)! Yes, this is our postal system! It has been really difficult to keep the blog going because of it, but I’m persevering! I’ll be going back to the post office again to check.

May 8, 2012 at 6:49 pm

• neueheimat

that’s very impressing. I wonder what they do with the mail (other than reading of course).

I wonder if it would take less time if I write you a postcard though. let’s try that 🙂

oh and I btw moved to new york, got married and got a new last name. so many changes! and the mail is so behind! VERY impressing.

May 8, 2012 at 7:41 pm